Inductive Logic and Rational Decision
This course aims at developing the basics of probability logic and its application to problems of inductive inference and rational decision. Familiarity with classical propositional logic is a useful pre-requisite for this course.
- Elementary probability logic
- Inductive reasoning in a logical setting
- Uncertainty and rational decision-making
Prerequisites: Classical logic.
- Tuesday: 12:30 – 14:30 Aula M301 [Santa Sofia]
- Thursday: 16:30 – 18:30 Aula 109 [Festa Del Perdono]
- Fridays: 10:30 – 12:30 Aula M301 [Santa Sofia]
Three written, in-class, tests, to be held at the end of each module. Those are not compulsory, but highly recommended. Three 30s make a 30 with no further examination needed.
- Dispensa preparatoria su insiemi e funzioni (in Italian only, please get in touch if you need an English version)